Thursday, 8 July 2010

Folksy Friday.....Gingham!

Gingham is a fabric that always reminds me of summer, mainly due to the wonderful selection of bright colours that are available. It is a lightweight, plain woven fabric in cotton or mixed fibres which is suitable for a varierty of uses.... whether a summer dress or a household item.

Textiley fact: The word 'gingham' is thought to originate from the Indian term guingan, meaning striped or checked, it is also alleged that it derives from the town of Guingamp in France, where it was traditionally woven.

Here is my selection of favourite gingham items currently available on Folksy....please click on the image to be taken directly to the shop



Wild Strawberry Picking The Crafty Little Cottage
Lauras Jewellery Polka Dots and Posies
Polka Heavenly Trinkets
Girls lined gingham dress & bag by Wild Strawberry Picking
Personalised wall hanging by The Crafty Little Cottage
Pink gingham teapot & teacup by Lauras Jewellery
'Follow your dreams' Lavender heart by Polka Dots and Posies
Gingham handbag by Polka
Hot pink flower hair grips by Heavenly Trinkets

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post, I am a lover of gingham, it conjures up images of sweet country homes and tea and scones yum yum ;0) I adore your handmade pretties and am very flattered you have chosen my gingham heart as one of your favourites :0)

    Take care

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely,just lovely. I am busy making bunting at the moment and Gingham blends in so beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my bag, I adore gingham!! and what a lovely selection I love the teapot and cup necklace
    Andrea x ( polka )

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty makes me feel young again in my school uniform outside in the sunshine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gingham. I think its beacause i never got to wear a gingham school dress!!
    Those hairslides are cute
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them all....anything gingham is good in my book!! xx

    ReplyDelete